Welcome back to the 12 Days to Inspire Cybersecurity Culture!
DAY 10: Why are security assessments important?
Organizations can significantly improve their security by looking at threats from the attacker's perspective.
Knowledge of the tools and tactics they use to exploit your business applications and systems are essential. Protecting your business is more than just implementing a hardware or software solution.
WHAT SECURITY ASSESSMENTS CAN PROVIDE:
- An understanding of your threat landscape and determining your risk factors
- What security processes are working/not working, as well as what additional processes need to be implemented
- Determine if you are within compliance with the required security frameworks
- Remediation roadmaps to address vulnerabilities
- Digestible reports for your executive board to help understand your organization’s cybersecurity strengths and weaknesses
Security assessments require a variety of specialized skills because attack techniques have become more sophisticated, making breaches harder to detect.
iSECURE suggests you perform a security assessment annually. If these assessments are done by the same cybersecurity firm, you can also receive a gap analysis. The gap analysis is beneficial to showing your areas of improvement, as well as where your organization still needs to strengthen their cybersecurity measures.
Did you know: Providing reports from your assessment and/or gap analysis to your board is a great way to help secure funding for your security projects as it shows the data needed to substantiate the funds.
Stay tuned for Day 10: Security Assessments
Are you curious about EDR and what it can do for your company?